CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Disney Seriously Catering to Adults o('.')o


So, I read in the Wall Street Journal that Disney has decided to start a line of wedding dresses for adults that are inspired by Disney Princesses. Isn't that something else? Above I posted one of the concept pictures that the WSJ published. I'm kind of in shock about this. It's like people can't grow up, and the dream of being a princess and having prince charming save you is so deeply entrenched in society that you need a Disney wedding dress. I don't have anything against the wedding dress itself, I don't really care what dress a bride wears, it's more the concept behind the action. Let's hear what you have to say...

6 comments:

Sarah Rutti said...

OK then,
I think it's pretty funny actually though i don't find it desturning in the least. It's just another way for Disney to get a kick and make a buck or two. I don't think those sketches look a whole lot like any preincess dresses that I've seen. SO, i guess it's ok. I don't have a problem with it and i don't find it desturbing at all. I really just see it as another way for Disney to open up their market. Who said anyone would buy them anyway? it's all what Disney thinks they can get no?

Sarah Rutti said...

btw- that's a pretty scary picture or arura!

SEP said...

Yeah, I guess you're right. What a sick sad world we live in. We capitalize on each others dreams. And you're also right about the dresses - they don't really look anything like the original Disney versions, and I personally wouldn't but them. They aren't anything special in my opinion. Or, maybe I need to see the real thing to believe. -.^

Sarah Rutti said...

they're just sketchs so they probably look a lot different in real life, if they've even made them yet?

SEP said...

No, nothing is really concrete yet. They've only made an announcement of intent at this point.

Anonymous said...

These disney wedding dresses are beautiful designer princess dresses and will be available soon, more information is available online at http://www.disneyweddingdresses.com