CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Winter Vacation '08 - Status Report 001

Time: 14:45hrs
Objective: Visit Water Exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History
Status: Mission Accomplished

Report: My vacation has started off well, with the advent of only a few minor setbacks, such as international phone calls that made me a little late. Despite these obstacles I arrived at the museum by 11:30hrs in time to view the Aquatic Exhibit as well as the special Water exhibit.

Highlights, you ask? The best part was viewing a life sized model of a Blue Whale. It spanned the entire ceiling and was at least 60ft long. I found it awe inspiring, in fact, the entire Aquatic Exhibit was fascinating, and truly shows the power and prestige of G-d. Man believes the world to be in his small hands, but how can one be so arrogant and naive in the face of true majesty?!? Look at the complex ecosystems in the chartered oceans, which is only 5% of the worlds oceans by the way. When man create even a fraction of G-d's creations, then I'll sit down and discuss the greatness of man.

Anyways, after my adventures in the museum, I rushed to the Subway, randomly met an acquaintance from Israel, and indeed I arrived at work by 14:05, my target time, only to discover that the building is closed until 16:00hrs. Figures. OK. Anyhow, I've now enjoyed a delicious lunch in the comfort of my own home, and I have plans to have much fun starting again later tonight and tomorrow. Stay tuned for further reports!

SIR, YES SIR!

2 comments:

Sarah Rutti said...

good for you! Maraabu maasacha HaShem! I'm glad you used such an experience to get closer to HaShem and appreciate His bria! Thanks for the updates. I'm gonna try to see the web site, if it ever stops loading...

SEP said...

LOL - good luck with that website. Anywho, I wish you could have seen the size of that Blue Whale. It's humongous. All I could think of when I saw it was, "And they say there can't be a Leviathon (Leviyatan)? They're idiots in my opinion." Anywho, now that everyone knows my opinion on that matter I'd better get going.