CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Show Me the Way to Go Home

So, here's the first story: I was looking at Sarah Rutti's last blog entry when I saw that she wrote she was tired. This gave me the random idea to search "show me the way to go home" using the Google search engine. In an unsurprising turn of events, the first entry to pop up was wikipedia. Now, this turned out to be a fun find and I quote:

"Show Me the Way to Go Home" is a folk song and drinking tune. It was made famous with its 1925 adaptation by the pseduonymous "Irving King" (the British songwriting team James Campbell and Reginald Connelly). It tells the story of an intoxicated bar patron trying to go home after a night of drinking. It is believed of English origin but has spread to Ireland and North America, where it is also commonly sung.

The song can be modified to be used in swing dancing.

The lyrics are: Show me the way to go home I'm tired and I want to go to bed I had a little drink about an hour ago And it went straight to my head Where ever I may roam Over land or sea or foam You will always hear me singing this song Show me the way to go home

Indicate the way to my abode I'm fatigued and I want to retire I had a spot of beverage sixty minutes ago And it went right to my cerebellum Where ever I may perambulate On land, or sea or atmospheric vapor You can always hear me crooning the melody Indicate the way to my abode

Backwards version: (first verse only)

Show me the home to go way I'm bed and I want to go to tired I had a little hour bout a drink ago and it went head to my straight where ever I may ever over sea, foam or land you will always hear me songin this sing show me the home to go way...

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_Me_the_Way_to_Go_Home

Ha ha. SO, that made me smile.

Here's the second story: This is related to the topic at hand as will soon become apparent. So, tonight in class I was REALLY tired, to the point that I couldn't keep my eyes open and I was literally nodding off in class. (You know that head snapping motion you make when you keep falling into a dreaming state, but you quickly try to wake yourself. - Yeah, I was that tired.) Anyways, I remedied the problem by getting up and purchasing some Mike n' Ikes. And thus, I steadfastly attended what would should have been engaging math classes were in not for certain unnamed annoying class mates. *Grrr*

Bottom line: I have to try to get to bed, like 1 hour ago, so we'll shmooze some other time. Have a great Shabbos!



4 comments:

Sarah Rutti said...

OY! what to do with you? I'm in the process of studying for my french test. I hope you're sleeping NOW. Thanks for the song, it's was interesting to read from the uncredited source where people assume it's from :P have a great one :D

SEP said...

Good luck with that studying, and um, you would laugh if I told you about today at work. I REALLY need to work on getting more sleep. Anywho, I'll talk to you later.

Sarah Rutti said...

I hope you're sleeping, if not I'm disappointed. I hope you had a great shabbat with Sara. enjoy your sunday. Mine will be a little crazy. Attention, I now have a job every sunday starting Oct 28th - Dec 11th. I'm subbing for a girl at Nava's (my old job) because she's going to Hong Kong for almost two months, so yah. :( yah money, boo to the wake up call!

SEP said...

Sniff, you have no faith in me... Of course I was sleeping at 3am. However, I wasn't feeling so well, and I woke up at 6:30 after going to bed a little later than planned... ANYWHO, I'm happy to hear all is well. Good luck with your jobs. Oh! FYI, I called the girly to tell her I wouldn't tutor. Sigh, why is it so hard to say no?