CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Feeling Pressured?

http://home.aanet.com.au/hcrosby/Blog/frustrated.jpg
Well, it's not really that bad, but I'm definitely feeling the pressure. It grips my heart every once in a while when I start to think about the sheer immensity of all I have to do. So, to celebrate, I'm going to post a paper that I did VERY well on. This teacher is such a difficult grader, so marginal improvement is good, and I received the highest grade in that class on this paper. Enjoy!

Sara Phillips
Professor Esposito
Capstone I
26 Mar 2007

The Modern Human Condition: Affect

There is no question that relationships have changed drastically in the 20th and 21st centuries. However, the question begs asking, have the changes in modern day relationships benefited society? While there is no definitive answer to such a question, the differences in approach and opinion on this subject between the secular and Orthodox Jewish worlds are marked and striking in their divergence.

Indeed, the main message of the articles is crystal clear: the world has changed, is changing, and people relate to each other differently. Yet, while the secular world struggles to understand, adapt, and conceptualize the far-reaching consequences of these changes, the Orthodox Jewish community labors to reassert and apply the Torah’s (Bible’s) precepts to the modern era. Where one set of articles explores the depths of change and damage wrought upon society, the other set addresses many issues, isolates them, and attempts to heal the wounds.

Generally speaking, the articles deal with three fundamental interactions and relationships commonly found within society. The first being the fundamental “I” of individuality, with a strong emphases on the changing role of women within society and relationships. The second interaction is that of husbands and wives where the stability, or lack thereof, of the relationship is viewed in terms of the modern marriage. Lastly, the parent child relationship is reevaluated in light of the changing circumstances and societal norms.

Like what you see? Read the whole paper here.

2 comments:

Sarah Rutti said...

omg! I LOVE THE PICTURE AT THE TOP. i didn't really read the rest of the post (bitting lip in embarrassment) but one day i will have more time to read all your papers :D

SEP said...

No, no problem. I don't expect you to necessarily read them, it just makes me feel good to post them. I'm glad you like that picture as much as I do. :)