CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 29, 2007

By way of explanation

Here is an explanation of my post "Random doll for your enjoyment"
[Considering the interesting reactions I got, perhaps its better entitled, "A surprising insight into the mind of a tired college student."]

Just in response to one comment made by a friend, no, this doll is not depressed. I originally called her "I Live" because I saw two sides of life, the good and the bad, white and black. But, life isn't always so clear, symbolized by the blank, neutral, look on her face and the various mixtures of white, black, and gray in her clothing.

Most everything is black or white (or a mixture of the two) signifying they can be used for good or evil. The gray shoelaces signify that aspects of life are gray, and one will not necessarily know if they are doing the correct thing. Similarly, her wings can carry her to great heights of good or bad, but she is the one to make that determination. Overall, everyone has a little bit of "good" and "evil" within them, but our job in this world is to overcome all evil inclinations.

In fact, most of the doll is black and white except for her eyes and hair. And these two items represent the true essence of life. The dolls green eyes, life, are the gateway to her soul, and her red hair, flame, is the passion which drives her through life.

Now take another look at her and tell me what you see...

- Sorry if there were any misunderstandings... I am not depressed. No worries mate! :D

For an in depth analysis of depressing avatars, click here.

7 comments:

Sarah Rutti said...

i lke, thank you for explaining it, i really like it now that i know all the simbolism behind it .

SEP said...

Thanks! I'm so happy you're back to visiting my blog with comments too! YAYAYAYA!

Sarah Rutti said...

np- you should feel honored is the truth. i went to your post before paying attention to my blog

SEP said...

Wow, and an honor that is indeed.

I thank you.

Sarah Rutti said...

you're very welcome. thank you for 'appreciating me', oh, and i love the lil' lightsaber person

SEP said...

He he, I thought that was a nice touch. I have a bunch of strange meez avatars to use, so look forward to seeing others!

- he he, this is my evil plan to attract new readership. I mean, believe it or not, I actually got three hits yesterday from people other than you and myself. Cool huh?

Sarah Rutti said...

very cool, i signed up to meez, but my friends computer won't let me design a meez, so i'm wait til next week to have my fun